The overall aim of counselling is to provide the opportunity and space for you to work towards living in a more positive and resourceful way.
Counselling requires courage and honesty.
It can be painful as well as joyous.
Counselling is about increasing your capacity for health and well-being, about feeling alive.
What Can Counselling Offer?
- help you to make some sense of what is happening to you.
- support you through difficult periods in your life.
- provide a safe, sensitive and supportive environment where feelings can be explored and shared.
Exploring and sharing personal issues within a counselling relationship can help you towards a better understanding of yourself and a clearer picture of your difficulties.
Why Counselling Might Help
If you are experiencing any of the following you might wish to explore the possibilities of counselling:
- Anxiety, Stress, Depression
- Relationship difficulties
- Feelings or circumstances that overwhelm and distress you
- A sense of isolation or hopelessness
- Feelings of emptiness & loss
- Personal crisis
These feelings may have roots in your past – painful experiences that remain with you – or they may be present anxieties effecting your ability to live life how you would wish.
If you are experiencing emotional difficulties and finding yourself unable to cope then talking to someone in confidence could help.